Founded in 2000 by Daniel von Stockar and Patrick Winter († 2018) and headquartered in Switzerland, SoftwareONE is a leading global provider of end-to-end software and cloud technology solutions. With an IP and technology-driven services portfolio, the company enables around 65,000 business customers to holistically develop and implement their commercial, technology and digital transformation strategies. This is achieved by modernizing applications and migrating critical workloads to public clouds, while simultaneously managing and optimizing the related software and cloud assets and licensing.
With more than 8,700 employees across 90 countries, SoftwareONE has one of the broadest global footprints in its industry. The company’s operating model is built to leverage its global scale with centrally-delivered 24/7 customer service in 13 languages, while maintaining customer focus as a result of its local presence and ability to transact in more than 150 countries.
The group estimates that large enterprises with more than 3,000 FTEs accounted for 28% of the gross profit of SoftwareONE in 2021, while SMEs with less than 3,000 FTEs accounted for 72%.
SoftwareONE’s integrated suite of solutions is organized into two highly synergistic business lines: Software & Cloud and Solutions & Services, which accounted for 62% and 38% of gross profit, respectively, in 2021.
- Software & Cloud: SoftwareONE offers its customers access to a comprehensive software and cloud portfolio, drawing on relationships with more than 7,500 vendors. In particular, SoftwareONE has a long-standing relationship with Microsoft, which dates back more than 30 years and estimates that, today, it is Microsoft’s largest channel partner and Azure’s largest partner globally. The company’s catalogue also includes other best-performing hyperscalers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), with which it has the most advanced certifications, as well as leading software vendors such as Adobe, Citrix, Oracle, Red Hat, VMware, Sophos, Splunk and Veeam;
- Solutions & Services: SoftwareONE has an integrated and cloud-native solutions and services portfolio spanning Cloud Cost Management (FinOps), IT Asset Management and Digital Supply Chain to Application Services, SAP on Cloud, Future Workplace and Cloud Services for Azure, AWS and GCP. SoftwareONE is uniquely positioned to support its customers across their entire software application estates by providing end-to-end professional and managed services from Design, Develop, Buy, Modernize, Migrate to Operate.
SoftwareONE: Empowering companies to transform
The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the benefits of a cloud-enabled technology landscape and accelerated organizations’ digital ambitions. However, while purchasing new technology to drive agility and growth, organizations are often confronted with increasing costs and complexity.
In order to address these challenges and achieve positive business outcomes for customers, SoftwareONE has established a comprehensive offering based on three categories – Commercial, Technology and Digital Transformation – covering customers’ entire digital journeys:
- Commercial Transformation: As technology becomes more complex and organizations face increasing spend, they require transparency in their software and cloud estates and the ability to manage and optimize costs efficiently. SoftwareONE helps customers by providing a marketplace and Digital Supply Chain, as well as a market-leading range of software lifecycle management (SLM) services, e.g. diagnostics and FinOps;
- Technology Transformation: SoftwareONE helps customers transform their business by adopting the latest cloud-ready technology to build scalable operating models, enabled with management, governance and security to support the migration of applications to a cloud environment;
- Digital Transformation: The combination of Commercial and Technology Transformation described above, together with sector expertise, provides the foundation for customers’ Digital Transformation. With a keen focus on improving customer and employee experience, innovation of business models and optimization of operational processes, SoftwareONE helps its customers transform and position themselves as leaders in their sectors.
Empowering customers’ digital transformation journeys
PyraCloud – SoftwareONE’s digital platform: Marketplace, Digital and Cloud
SoftwareONE’s offerings are connected by PyraCloud, a proprietary digital hub that allows customers to efficiently transact, manage and optimize their entire spend using a data-driven, actionable platform. It is based on three pillars – Marketplace, Digital and Cloud – with the cloud management platform becoming increasingly relevant as a ‘single pane of glass’ as customers seek to address the complexity arising from multi-cloud environments and optimize spend across public clouds. PyraCloud is powered by insights, or data derived from past purchasing behavior, and peer benchmarking to support self-service and intelligent decision-making by customers.
PyraCloud - SoftwareONE's proprietary platform
Driving growth and a technology-driven sustainable future
SoftwareONE’s growth strategy is centered on growing and digitizing its Software & Cloud business line, while profitably scaling out its next-generation Solutions & Services business line in order to drive recurring customer relationships and revenues. To that end, the company continues to invest in its strategic growth areas by growing the relevant practices both organically and through bolt-on acquisitions.
While executing on its growth strategy, corporate responsibility and sustainability remain at the heart of SoftwareONE’s business, in line with its seven core values – Humble, Customer Focus, Employee Satisfaction, Speed, Passion, Integrity and Discipline. The company recognizes the opportunity to drive more sustainable outcomes for customers through innovative cloud-based solutions that significantly reduce emissions and environmental impact. With the launch of a new, globally-focused ESG Program in 2021, SoftwareONE aims to play an even greater part in positively impacting society, both through its own operations and value chain and by helping customers become more sustainable.